
In the old stable block and coach house, the Sandringham estate has designed a museum that chronicles the coaches and cars used by the royal family throughout the years. It also has a room full of big and small trophy game. At first, I took the girls through, thinking that Dallin would just get bored, but I was wrong! We ended up going through twice, and all of the kids enjoyed it.

This is one of the fire trucks that protected the estate grounds.


The cars had very plush interiors - I wouldn't mind riding around in one of these(:
These cars are housed in a room whose walls are covered with a continuous mural of the Royal hunting party. Even the back of the open door was painted, so that it wouldn't disrupt the scene.
This is the trophy room that the kids enjoyed so much. It was a little strange to have all of these heads mounted on walls, but the kids didn't seem to care. They quickly found their favorites. They did ask if the animals were watching them, because all of the fake eyes seem to look right at you /:
He looks like he's staring right at you, right?
These ivory tusks were intricately carved with great skill. I could not believe how much detail and depth they displayed.

Kiersten wanted to pose in front of the lions, but seems just a bit nervous about them staying put(:
The guide asked Kaitlin if she had any questions and she promptly asked if there were any leopards. Her school mascot last year was a leopard, so she was overjoyed that they had one in the museum.
1 comment:
Marion
It is so fun following you guys through all of your UK adventures! How amazing for you guys to have that opportunity! I went on a study abroad program to England so all your pictures make me miss it so much. I love it over there. Your house looks so cute too!
Post a Comment