Thursday, August 18, 2011

Driving in the UK

So, I know that I've told many of you how nervous I was about driving here. I thought it would be because we drive on the left side of the road here, but really it is scary because the steering wheel in on the right side of the car and the roads are VERY narrow.
Now that we've been here a few weeks, I feel much more comfortable, but I still haven't ventured out driving without Brandon in the car with me. The roads don't seem quite as narrow, but I still don't really have a clue where things are. It's comforting having Brandon there to tell me which exit to take on the round-about and basically encourage me by telling me that I'm doing a good job(: Here is proof that I can drive our amazing rental car, a Toyota Picnic. It fits the whole family and can never get lost in parking lot (it's brighter than it looks in the picture).

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Marian! I am SOOO excited to follow and see what you're up to! It looks like you're doing great! but oh my! It brings up so many memories with different weather, signs, accents, cars, driving!?!, food . . . and you're doing it with your four sweet kids! You're amazing and what wonderful memories you're making w/ your family and kids. I miss you!