As promised, here is my Time4Learning review after using it for 1 month. The kids LOVE using this site and often beg for more time. The site has plenty of activities that make learning fun and progress at a consistent pace. Kaitlin feels comfortable in the 1st grade level and has made quite a lot of progress in reading, using the website and individual time with me. The first few levels are quite simple if you know your ABCs and their sounds, so I've actually started Kiersten in 1st grade for reading. It's a lot more challenging for her, but the pre-k & k levels were just too easy for her. We just have to repeat some lessons or make sure we emphasize those things in class. I like how she can move up or down a level, depending on the subject. The extra topics included in each level are fascinating for all of the kids. Even Dallin likes to watch the girls "play" on the computer. Because I have 4 kids and this is my first time homeschooling, I really appreciate having a fun, educational website for my kids to use while I learn how to structure school time and individually teach the others. While I wouldn't use it as the sole source for our curriculum, it is a great supplement. Overall, I've been very impressed with the site and how easy it is for the kids to use.
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
What a great review! Our family has been using it off and on for years and we really like it. It is great for keeping one occupied (in an educational way! :) while you work with the other child one on one. I'm so glad your family benefited from using Time4Learning!
Great to see you blogging again. Your house looks great! Good for you for homeschooling! They will benefit so much from that. I would love to hear more about how that goes.
I'm also glad your blogging again! Time goes by so fast. It's amazing to see how your family has grown. It looks like your having fun in England. Enjoy every minute!
Post a Comment