Monday, May 26, 2008

Yowie


We got a bunny in January, and like terrible parents, we haven't introduced him/her yet to ya'll. So, here's our bunny "Yowie." Kaitlin named him/her before she was entirely capable of speaking. We first tried animal sounds with her and said a cat says "meow". She always said "yowie" instead, so whenever she saw a cat or rabbit or anything that had fur, she would say "yowie." So, when we went to get our bunny we asked Kaitlin what she wanted to name "her" bunny. She said "yowie" and it stuck. Unfortunately we don't know its gender yet, so it changes daily. Our favorite past time is chasing Yowie around the house. I get a kick out of seeing Kaitlin and Kiersten run after it giggling and laughing up a storm. I love being a dad.

2 comments:

The Powell-Mirci Family! said...

Hellllooo! You guys are so lucky to be by a beach! Nothing says relax and vaction like the beach. Diane knows what it's like to mow with a push mower! Keep those blades sharp! Love the curlers. But doesn't kaitlin have curly hair??? So glad to see you getting these blog posts in! Keep em' comming. We miss you guys, but we are enjoying the Elleges too! Any names for the baby yet?

Kate Norton said...

Hi Koffords! It is our not so secret desire to be moving to San Antonio, too, a year from now. We'll see!

I like your rabbit-- I used to raise rabbits and show them in rabbit shows (I was so cool), so I know how to tell if your rabbit is a boy or a girl. Let's just say that if it were a boy, it would be pretty obvious when you look underneath it! Being able to identify the gender of a rabbit is a very valuable life skill. Thank you, 4-H.