We left Ohio and have arrived in San Antonio. Marian drove the entire 1470 miles behind Kaitlin, Yowie (our bunny) and me in the 24' Budget truck. I think we averaged 48 miles per hour through Tennessee, and then once we hit the flatness of Arkansas we averaged 65 mph. Anyway, one week after arriving in San Antonio, we started to hear our Buick LeSabre make a clicking sound that did not sound good. I took it in and they told me that the engine was done!! So, we got a new car. But we calculated our miles per gallon on the trip down here. As a going away gift, our Buick gave us 30 mpg!! How selfless, even as it was dying, it was thinking more of us than itself!
Thursday, May 22, 2008
One Last Goodbye!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
That Buick definately gave you the best years of his life. I loved riding in him for visiting teaching. I hope he knows he'll be missed! I'm glad he got you safely to San Antonio!! Enjoy the new car! WE miss you guys!
Post a Comment