Thursday, May 22, 2008

Two Beaches in Two Days

Yesterday we decided to camp at the beach in Corpus Christi. When we got there we were greeted by the friendly locals. I didn't zoom in on those birds. Kaitlin was the first to fall victim to the tentacles of a jellyfish, then Marian. As we were keeping our eyes peeled for other jellyfish, Marian saw something swimming in the shallow water near us, it was a FISH! With my angler's instinct, I sprang into action and crept up on it from behind and BAM! it didn't even see me coming--must be my cat-like reflexes. The wind was so bad (and I forgot our blankets) that we decided not to stay the night afterall. So, three hours later we pulled into our house. Upon waking this morning, we thought it would be fun to go to Canyon Lake not too far north of us. There we found several advantages to a Lake beach rather than an ocean beach, but for brevity's sake--NO JELLYFISH! All in all we had a good time. On our way home, we decided to keep the Kofford tradition alive of getting milkshakes after a day at the lake. I got a large to share with the girls. Kiersten mistakenly assumed that the whole thing was for her, she was not happy to share at all! We sure are enjoying our new home in San Antonio, TX























No comments: