A few weeks before Halloween we went to pumpkin farm, called Devine Acres, about 45 minutes away. They had a huge variety of activities for the kids. We actually never got around to picking a pumpkin because we had so much fun doing everything else.
The girls loved running around the maze. It ended up being a pretty warm day, so I felt bad that I had dressed the girls in long sleeves. They were quite hot after running through the maze. They didn't even cheat and climb over the bales until we were on the way out. Mostly, Brandon and I were tired of going back and forth and figured the kids wouldn't mind if we lifted them over a few bales of hay.


They made it to the mountain in the middle! The kids are so lucky to have such a fun dad.

They had a little catch and release fishing pond with lots of tiny little fish. We didn't catch anything with our bits of corn, but the girls loved their first fishing trip with dad. And they could see the fish attack the bait.

The girls favorite part, by far, was petting the goats, pig, and llama. We actually went there first and they didn't want to leave. They both threw little fits, but we were able to distract them. I used to LOVE pettng zoos too, so I know where they get the fascination with animals. Wait, who am I kidding, I STILL love petting zoos.

Kiersten especially liked this pig. She would scoop up dirt and try to feed it to him. He didn't seem too interested.

Kaitlin may look a little standoffish here, but she was running from goat to goat petting and hugging them. She begged us to bring one home for her, and I think Brandon would have if our rental agreement allowed. Seriously.
Kaitlin asks us for a new animal several times a week. Just last week she asked for a kitten, puppy, duck, and a goat. I think we may end up living on a farm.

The last thing we did was play on a big playground they had under some old oak trees. We really needed the shade and the girls loved playing in the sand.
Kiersten also experimented climbing up the rope ladder. She kept on getting stuck, but as soon as she got down, up she'd go again.
It was so much fun spending time together as a family and enjoying the fall spirit. We're excited to go again next year. We didn't have time to go on the hayride, make little crafts, and do all of the other activities.
No comments:
Post a Comment