Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Random

As I look at all of the pictures that I finally downloaded from my camera, I realize that I am WAAAAY behind and that there is no easy way to catch up. I figure that the best I can do is create a few random posts that show a little bit of what we've been doing the last several months. They won't be in any particular order. Enjoy!


Some of our favorite finds. The Fosters introduced us to delicious Clotted Cream & Honeycomb Ice Cream, while the Atwoods told us about Happy Hippos. Yum!
One of the first things that we noticed when we moved here was how many spiders there are everywhere. We mostly have daddy longlegs in the house, but I found a couple of these beauties in our sunroom. Brandon wasn't home, so I had to dispose of them. I think the kids got quite a kick out of my squeals(: Once I learned that they are not poisonous, I felt much better. We actually caught the last couple and let them go in the farmer's field behind our yard. We haven't seen any since the weather cooled. I don't look forward to them coming back, but at least it's not year round.
Maria loves the water.
This small pond is about a mile down the road. We are one of the last houses on our street and beyond us is farmers' fields, an old church, some walking paths, a rarely used military firing range?!? and the local swimming hole. We love getting out with the dogs and exploring the forests.
I was the chorister for the primary program last year. I wanted to make sure that I knew what I was doing and that the kids knew the words, so we had fun plugging the mic into the piano and singing away. Dallin wasn't in primary yet, but he enjoyed singing along.
One of our family favorites is German Pancakes. This one was so HUGE that I just had to take a pic!!!!

1 comment:

Ben and Laurie said...

Wow--your family grew fast. I still remember you as newlyweds that first year of dental school. Fun pictures. I would love it if we had such a pretty pond by our house!